Amazing Pizza Recipe - Half the Calories


This has nothing to do with decorating, but it is my favorite recipe so I wanted to share...  I have shared it once before but it was a long time ago... So here it is again...

I got the idea for this amazing pizza alternative a couple of years ago while watching the Dr. Oz show where they had made a No Dough pizza by making pizza on Naan Bread.  I had never heard of this bread before but was able to find it at my local health food store. A few of my ingredients are different than what they used on the show, and personally I feel I have improved the recipe!  

I found Naan bread and also Artichoke hummus at Sprouts Farmers Market. Naan bread comes in whole wheat, garlic and spinach. You can use whichever is your preference. This dish is approximately 350 calories per serving (one personal size pizza), which is way less than traditional pizza!

Ingredient List for 2 servings (2 personal size pizzas):

Naan Bread - 2 pcs.
Artichoke Hummus - 2 tbsp.
Organic Ricotta Cheese - 2 tbsp.
Organic Skim Mozzarella Cheese - 1/4 cup                
Cherry Tomatoes - 7 small
Baby Spinach - 1/2 cup
Fresh Basil - 1 bunch
Onion - 1/8 cup chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 1 tbsp.
Lemon Juice - 1/2 tsp.
Sea Salt - 1/8 tsp.





Optional items that I've tried include mushrooms and chicken...  You can put on anything else you might like on your pizza :)


















RECIPE:


Preheat oven to 350 degrees 


Put your Naan bread onto a foiled cookie sheet.  Brush the top of the bread with a dab of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.  Then mix the artichoke hummus, ricotta cheese and the diced onion into a bowl.  




Put half of the mixture onto each of the breads and spread around evenly.

Use the balance of your olive oil (just under a tbsp.) and add lemon juice and salt to it.   In a separate bowl, put cut up basil and spinach. 

Pour EVOO, lemon juice, salt mixture onto spinach basil and stir.  Then set aside.


Place tomatoes and any other toppings around each pizza.  Sprinkle thin layer of skim mozzarella cheese on top.

Put into preheated oven for 8 or 9 minutes (until cheese is fully melted and edges of bread will be crispy).


Remove from oven, spread spinach/basil mixture across top of pizza and serve. 


This last picture is a version of this pizza that I made for my husband with chopped up chicken breast and a drizzle of an organic barbecue sauce on the chicken.  Basil was put on and cooked with the toppings just under the cheese...  No spinach mixture was put on this version.  It came out amazing too!!!


This recipe is definitely worth a try! 

Until next time...

Blessings,

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments and I read every one... I'd love to hear from you!

Blessings,
Diana